Saturday, April 21, 2012

Maori Hei-Tiki #2

For my hei-tiki project I had decided to do a set of necklaces. Only two. All was going well. I finished over spring break. I was really proud of the second one I had made. I liked it a lot better than the person one.

And of course. With my luck. It broke. But it was fixable. So I took it home, reconstituted it, and reattached it to the best of my ability. It was still spring break, so I figured I'd relax for the rest of the week, and bring it to school on Monday to fire it. Again, my luck struck me. It broke again, but this time, beyond repair. Just into tons and tons of pieces. So. I had to remake the entire thing that night. I don't have a finished picture of it, but it looked like the picture below at one point, and I have yet to take it out of the kiln. What I've learned from this oh too wonderful experience is to be more careful with my transportation of artwork, and make doubly sure that all containers, boxes, etc., won't smash or scratch or deface your artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment